Every major update to the website is announced here, on the news page. Minor updates are only announced on the discord server.
March 19, 2020, 5:06 p.m.
Not much in this update, I have implemented an award page to show off the best mods that our community has to offer. This is basically a duplicate of the subreddit "best-of" pages. These mods are also reflected on the search page, where the titles to best-of mods will appear bold. There are a few more changes, but mostly minor fixes/changes that you will probably not notice. As always, if you would like to contact us about the website hit up the discord!
Feb. 13, 2020, 9:27 p.m.
Another update. That makes 2 in one month, must be some kind of record. This update has many small improvements that have been slowly building up on the todo list on trello.
1. Featured mods on the home page are now sorted by newest by default. This should have been by default, but I pushed the featured mods as soon as I could to show that I was actually still working on the website.
2. Featured mods screenshot arrows now disappear if there is not a next/previous screenshot. This also should have been released at the same time as the previous update.
4. The background is now attached to the browser window. This means that as you scroll down a page, it will not move the image up. I thought this looked a bit better than what it was before.
5. Anonymous users can now see the features that logged in users can see (reviews, follow and rate mods) but cannot actually complete the actions without first logging in. I felt that the anonymous view looked a bit barren and I also wanted to show some of the advantages of signing up to the website to the visitors.
6. Submitting/editing mods now shows a loading image on the submit button. If you have a relatively slow upload connection it looked like your browser was just loading, which some may have thought that their tab froze and force closed it. You now get some feedback, showing that the page is just uploading your content.
7. The featured mods screenshot arrows would not show up on the first mod, and you would first have to change to a different mod to get them to show. This has now been fixed and the arrows show on the first mod, if extra screenshots are available.
8. Mod ratings on your profile now shows as stars, like on the mod page, instead of just numbers.
9. Symbols on the home page mod descriptions would sometimes not show up correctly. This has been fixed.
10. Some of the tags in the featured mod area would show in different heights depending on which mod you were looking at, the tags now are all at the same height.
11. Extended categories. You can now sort by event-based mods (at the moment I only have Christmas and Easter, but this will be extended).
12. Can now edit comments, instead of having to delete them and then create a new one.
13. Comments that have not been approved can no longer be upvoted/downvoted. Felt this was a bit silly to be able to vote on a comment that you cannot see.
14. Mod edit status can now be shown by the mod developer on the mod page.
That about sums it up. More updates will be coming out, keep an eye on the discord or on this page. Oh, I will also be making a re-release of the website in an attempt to get more users to the website. Thanks a bunch guys.
Feb. 1, 2020, 2:06 p.m.
Yes, I am still alive. New update is here, the home page has been changed so now you aren't greeted with a discord server invite and news that most of you probably aren't interested in, you now see "featured" mods. A "featured" mod is basically the most recent mods that have been uploaded to the website, that have preview images and avatars. Also NSFW mods are not shown, just to keep it safe. If you wish to have your mod added to the featured list, simply release a mod with preview images and and avatar and it will be the first mod shown.
The news page has now been moved to a sub-category of the "Support" area, so you can now access it by hovering over the "Support" button at the top of the page.
Some of the minor changes to the website include reducing the loading time of the images again, got it down by a second which is quite a bit when you take into account the amount of images that can be on the screen at once. I have also added a new internal field for NSFW mods to make them easier to manage for me, but that has no effect on the website at all.
Sorry for the long wait, I hope to get more updates out more often. For starters, there are some changes I would like to make to the new home page (the arrows on the side disappear if there is not a next/previous image, maybe some colour changes). Also I need to work on reducing the trello, I have been constantly adding little ideas which need to be fulfilled.
Hopefully we will be seeing more of these updates over the next few weeks, but the last time I said that I hadn't updated the website in over a month so don't hold your breath on that.
As always, if you have any suggestions, join the discord server and let your voice be heard. Thanks!
Dec. 15, 2019, 2:08 p.m.
Another update for the website has gone live, this time the way that you edit mods has changed.
Instead of making the mod invisible once you submit an edit for a mod, it now hides the edit for the mod, and instead keeps the old version of the mod visible until the edit has been approved by a moderator. This means that you don't have to worry about your mod disappearing for days while we approve the edits.
This update took me a bit of time to implement, simply because it was completely changing the way edits work on the website. Hopefully, with Christmas coming up, I can update the website more frequently before the start of the new year.
There are no major changes happening any time soon, so I should go back to pumping out an update every week/few weeks.
As ever, if you have any problems with the website join the discord and we can help you, and thanks for using the website!
Nov. 9, 2019, 12:32 p.m.
Fixed a couple of bugs that have been annoying me for ages now:
- Fixed Chrome rendering of the top navigation bar, sorry I didn't see this earlier, I use Firefox so it wasn't immediately obvious to me.
- Improved the performance of the pages initial loading, some testing software has told me that load times have gone down from 5s to 3s which is a massive improvement. More needs to be done, but it is a start.
- Cleaned up some excessive code, making my job a little easier.
- Fixed <p> being show in the description box when editing your profiles description.
- Reviews now have proper formatting, however it cannot be applied to existing reviews. If you would like to rewrite your review with the formatting, message me when you have written it and I will instantly approve it. Although doing this will remove all of the votes that you reviews have.
- Sort by reviews on the home page was not working, strangely enough it was actually showing the least reviewed mods (not the most useful sorting function).
Big thank you to Ryan for sending me the emails with the bugs and solutions to them!
Nov. 6, 2019, 8:35 p.m.
Quick update, mods that have been submitted by me can now be claimed! If you have a mod on the website that you own and you have not yet claimed it, click on the author and follow the steps to claim the mod as your own.
Another update is in the works, can't guarantee when it will be released but should be soon™
Nov. 6, 2019, 3:05 p.m.
I should make it clear that even though I am labeled as the authors for most of the mods on this site, I am just the uploader - I had no input to these mods whatsoever. I will be pushing an update later to clearly address this issue, I do not want anyone thinking that I am claiming these are my mods.
Also, updates may be a bit slower from here on out - I have recently got a new job that takes up almost all of my time, so I can only really work on the site on the weekends/late evening. Expect major updates maybe once a month, with minor updates every 2 weeks.
Thanks for understanding!
Nov. 1, 2019, 5:57 p.m.
Sorry I haven't been very active recently, I have been busy.
Anyway, you should notice some visual changes! These are some of the changes that I have been working on over the past couple of weeks in an attempt to make the website a bit better looking. Other changes are being discussed and working on, so keep an eye out for them.
Just want to remind everyone, that if you have any complaints or suggestions for the website, contact us via discord or send me an email.
Oct. 17, 2019, 2:34 p.m.
The second wave of mods from the released list has gone live, and I believe I am up to date. I now need to start uploading the developing mods... and keep an eye out for any mods released over the weekend
Oct. 17, 2019, 12:15 p.m.
A quick rule change to the site:
Rule 3: NSFW content is allowed, but must be tagged as such. No NSFW screenshots or videos are allowed.
So this means that you can upload mods that contain NSFW related content, but it must be tagged and you cannot upload preview images or videos that have the NSFW content in them. If you want an example of how to handle NSFW content appropriately, check out Outcast
Oct. 15, 2019, 9:23 p.m.
The first wave of mods from the released list has gone live, took me about 6 hours to get through under half of them.
If you see a mod that you own, and would like to have your name on it, message me on discord and I will hand over ownership to you!
Oct. 13, 2019, 11:10 a.m.
Right, another update to the website:
- Fixed user profiles showing as a broken image url
- Fixed the text align of users description on their public page
- Change "Girls" category on the search page to "Characters" and added a few more options to the list
- Also added a few extra values to the "Mood" category on the search page
- Fixed an odd bug where only a few mods would be show on the home page
Oct. 13, 2019, 1:54 a.m.
Not sure why the categories below aren't working, but I am definitely working on it and the fix should be released soon. Sorry!
Oct. 9, 2019, 10:30 a.m.
Trello progression link: https://trello.com/b/MEzZ1YoX
Oct. 9, 2019, 9:46 a.m.
Small update to the website:
- Added additional terms to the "Mood" category on the search page
- User descriptions now format correctly
I may create a trello so that you guys can keep up with what I am working on for the website, so keep an eye out for a link!
Oct. 1, 2019, 3:18 p.m.
Another update to the website:
- Users would be sent to your own public profile page when clicking on the mod developer on the mod page. Fixed so that users are now sent to the mod developer public page.
- Rules have been changed. Specifically, rule 4.
- Search and home mod tiles now support multiple lines.
This may get another update soon, I'm still not happy with how this looks.
If anyone else has any other suggestions for the website, hop on discord and send us a message!
Oct. 1, 2019, 2:58 p.m.
Unfortunately it seems as though the community is unhappy with the way the moderators on the sub are handling copyirght and content issues. This website does not allow copyright content to be shared, and so mods will be taken down if they are blatantly ignoring copyright laws. However, if you believe we have removed your mod incorrectly, and would like to discuss the matter, the discord will always be avaiable. Also, to remain transparrent with the community, we can discuss your copyright issues in a public area of the discord so that everyone will be able to see how the subject is being dealt with on our side, if you wish. As always, if you are unhappy with how certain aspects of this website are handling things, join the discord and be heard. We will not ignore you.
Sept. 29, 2019, 2:59 p.m.
Updates to the site will be coming out early next week, maybe tomorrow if I can get them all done. Keep an eye out for changes!
Sept. 27, 2019, 10:33 a.m.
Welcome to the new website! While I am still developing it, most of the primary functions are working. If you need help, join the discord that is displayed to the right of this message.